Lately, we've had a lot of parents asking for additional advice on how to write their parent profiles. You may be thinking, "Well isn't there is a writing guide for this specific reason, why don’t they just follow the rules?" The intrigue has nothing to do with the writing guide, instead it the questions have more to do with artistic and creative stylings.
For the most part parents have been sticking with the classic three paragraphs approach to each section, which is a great way to elaborate and truly express who you are as individuals. But there is a new trend that we keep coming across: lists.
Lists have always been a good way at giving a prospective birthmother a brief insight into what your individual interest are. Although, we have been noticing that there are more creative ways to do lists than people would think.
So, without further ado, here are some ideas for lists that you can incorporate into your own parent profiles. Enjoy!
- If I could have dinner with one person, living or dead, it would be ____
- My spirit animal is the ___
- If a famous actor/actress were to narrate my life it would be ___
- My favorite season is ___
- My first car was a ____ and it’s name was ___
- My favorite cartoon character is ____
- My first concert was _____ and the most recent concert I went to was ____
- Back in the ___’s, I’m ashamed to say I wore _____ (Fashion Trend, ex. 00’s, Crocs)
- If I had one superpower it would be _____
- Though I work in (Finance), when I was a kid I wanted to be a (Trash Collector)
- Our Favorite Community Hangout
- Room with the Best View
- Favorite Room
- Favorite Piece of Furniture
- Most Recent DIY Project
- Funniest Kitchen Memory
- The First Piece of Furniture We Bought Together
- Favorite Annual Event in Town
- One Word to Describe Our Dog
- Best Tradition
- Oldest Family Member on Each Side
- Favorite Family Keepsake
- Favorite Family Recipe
- Annual Family Vacation Spot
- Family’s Claim to Fame
Hobbies and Interests
For this section, consider writing out 5-6 favorites for each of you and then use the rest of the text to write about what you enjoy doing together.
- Cooking, Smoking Meats on the Green Egg
- Working Out
- Going to Sporting Events
- Traveling, Both Near and Far
- Gardening and Canning
- Brunching with Friends and Family
It’s important to realize that these are just ideas. Feel free to make up your own or take some from this list, it’s always important to think about new ways you can make your profile better. We hope this helps and we look forward to seeing what you all come up with!