The closing section of your adoption is your last chance to speak directly with the birthmother. That means the closing section is arguably the most important section in the entire profile. To make this section personal and heartfelt, we recommend sitting down and reflecting on what exactly is in your heart and how you want to say it. Here are some tips that we've put together to help you craft your closing section.
There are five different elements of a closing that you should consider including in your profile.
- Thanking the birth mom for reading your story.
- "Thank you so much for taking the time to read our profile. We hope that it has given you a glimpse into our lives and shown you the love that we have to share with a child."
- Your feelings about adoption and appreciation for the birth mom's sacrifice.
- "We have so much respect for your decision to consider adoption for this child. Becoming parents has always been a dream of ours and without women like yourself, that dream would never be able to become a reality. We are so excited to open our hearts and our home to a child through adoption, and cannot wait for this day to come."
- Any promises you'd like to make and how you will talk about adoption.
- "Please know that any child that joins our family will be loved abundantly and unconditionally. They will be given every opportunity in life to pursue their dreams and reach for the stars. But most importantly, they will always be reminded of who they are, where they came from and the love that their birth mother had for them.
- If you would like an open adoption, or have experience with open adoption, consider bringing that up.
- "Open adoption is something we feel very strongly about, as we believe that it is essential to not only the child's well-being, but yours as well. We imagine that this must be a difficult decision to make and we want you to always feel at peace with your decision to place your child. We are open to staying in contact, keeping you updated and sharing with you all of their important milestones. That being said, if open adoption is not something you are interested in, we completely understand and will respect your wishes."
- Brief sign off with signature.
- "We wish you the best as you journey through the adoption process and decide what is best for you and your child. You will continue to be in our prayers and we hope to meet you someday soon!" Love, X, Y and Z
We hope that this brief explainer has helped spark some ideas for the concluding chapter of your Parentfinder Adoption Profile. If you have signed up with us through the Featured Family Marketing Program, then please feel free to contact your Profile Consultant with any further questions about the closing section.